Amidst an international field in the Women's Skateboard Street Finals, it was 15-year-old Aori Nishimura from Japan who, on her first attempt, put together a run that would not be topped. Starting off with a crooked grind down the 8-stair rail, Nishimua continued with a stylish feeble grind on the Viking ship, a textbook frontside lipslide on the flat rail and backside lipslide on the big down rail. It was enough to bump Riverside, California's Samarria Brevard into second for the young rider's first X Games medal.
Brazil’s Leticia Bufoni put in a strong final attempt and landed in third despite a crash on her powerful run. With the win Nishisimura became the first female Japanese skateboarder to win gold at X Games – this, after yesterday's victory by Moto Shibata in Men's Vert who likewise, accomplished the same feat for the men.
Women's Skateboard Street Final Results
1. Aori Nishimura, 87.66 (JPN)
2. Samarria Brevard, 84.66 (USA)
3. Leticia Bufoni, 82.00 (BRA)
4. Pamela Rosa, 80.33 (BRA)
5. Alexis Sablone, 75.00 (USA)
6. Julia Brueckler, 70.00 (AUT)
7. Meagan Guy, 67.66 (USA)
8. Hayley Wilson, 62.00 (AUS)
9. Vanessa Torres, 58.66 (USA)
10. Mariah Duran, 54.66 (USA)
11. Gabi Mazetto, 53.66 (BRA)
12. Kate Shengeliya, 47.66 (RUS)